What's the story?
Create a stunning, delicious and nutritious vegetable garden with seeds from LovePlantLife.com.
Here I stock a curated collection of some of the finest kitchen garden seeds around for New Zealand gardeners. This stunning collection has been selected and grown on the following criteria:
- Nutritious and delicious;
- Easy to grow;
- Excellent results for lower North Island, New Zealand gardens.
Why should I buy from you?
- Seeds are well-grown, well-harvested, well-stored and well-packaged.
- Experienced grower with proven results (see my website www.loveplantlife.com).
- All seedlines are germination tested to make sure they grow and are true.
- Generous seed numbers.
- Guaranteed seed - If you are in any way unhappy with your seeds, please let me know.
- Buy LovePlantLife seeds and support NZ seed-saving and community garden initiatives.
Can I pay with internet banking?
Sure can. Use the contact form to let me know this is what you would like to do.
Where do the seeds come from?
Many are grown right here on the Kapiti Coast. Others I buy in from trusted sources around New Zealand.
Why do you have so many seeds per packet?
If you buy a packet of LovePlantLife seeds, you'll have enough to grow a decent number of plants. Seeds are a numbers game. For a good result, you need a good number of seeds.
Let's have a look at those numbers: The germination rate of many seeds is around 60% (some are higher, some are lower). That means only 60% of your seeds are likely to germinate. I work on a law of thirds after that. A third of your seeds won't survive transplant, and you're likely to lose another third to pests, disease or wind. Sometimes you get more, sometimes you get less, but the rule of thirds will help give you an idea of what to plant.
I'm looking for some magic beans and do you have any of those old-fashioned peppers?
Let me know if you have any special requests/requirements. We are holding, or can source, a large range of other seeds if you are looking for something special.